Who doesn't love a GIANT COOKIE? All soft and chewy like texture and filled with chocolate chips (NOM!!!)
Talking of love.. A perfect excuse for a giant cookie is Valentines day! Better than your traditional box of chocolates and bunch of flowers these make the perfect gift for that extra special someone in your life.
I mean, who would love you if you after gifting this bad boy?
...Even better still a DOUBLE GIANT COOKIE!
Why not create 2 cookies and sandwich them together with royal icing to create the ultimate giant cookie?
Decorated in piped royal icing, and a special valentines day message for your loved one.
If your feeling extra technical... try your hand at making a pretty bow from fondant for that finishing touch!
Okay so lets get to the good part!
I have included my recipe on making the ultimate giant chewy cookie below...
Try your hand at making this unique personalised gift!
And feel free to leave your comments below!
- 250g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp bicarb
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g melted butter
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 100g sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 400g chocolate chips
- 4 ½ tblsp meringue powder
- 675g powdered sugar
- 10+ tblsp Warm water
1.pre-heat the oven to (gas mark 5) (190c) (375f)
2. In a bowl combine together, Plain flour, Bicarb soda, Salt.
3. In a separate bowl melt the butter and add Dark brown sugar and Caster sugar, mix together well until combined into an almost caramel coloured mix.
4. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract to the melted butter and sugar mix and stir well.
5. Now add this mix to your combined flour mix. Place into mixer and set to medium speed for a few minutes until the mix becomes more thick like in texture (Almost dough like).
6. Add white or dark chocolate chips to the mix and stir in well.
7. place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie tray (any flat tray will do) and place your giant (oven safe) cookie cutter on the tray.
* if you don't have a giant cookie cutter you can always use a 10inch cake tin with the base removed as a guide for the mix.
8. Place your mix in the shaped cookie cutter or outer cake tin and even the mix out into the shape.
(The giant cookie cutter or cake tin outer with base removed is used as a guide for the mix to bake into the desired shape.. i find this way you don't waste any unwanted cut offs).
9. Place in the oven and bake for around 25-30mins, or until slightly browned.
10. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 1-2hours, Once cooled gently run a knife around the inner edge of giant cutter, remove the cutter and place a cooling rack on top of the cookie, Whilst Holding the cooling rack on top, place your hand underneath and flip over. You can now gently remove the parchment paper and flip back over to start your decorating!
11. For the royal icing, Combine icing sugar and meringue powder. Gradually add the Warm water until you get a nice smooth but thick consistency that JUST falls from the spoon, You may need to add more water to your mix to get the right consistency, add this gradually untill achieved.